April 14, 2010

The Deutsch Girl's Wishlist

I am slightly addicted to baking pans. Ok, not slightly addicted, really addicted. I'm not sure what it is about them, but it's like they call to me. I can remember my first one like it was yesterday. My best friend gave me a rosette cupcake pan from Williams-Sonoma for Christmas. I think this gift jumpstarted my love for speciality cake and cupcake pans, designs that don't even need frosting, just a quick sprinkle of powdered sugar to complete the look. I'm going to blame her. Because it's easy. And because I know she'll read this and laugh. And know that I'm probably right.

Because I frequently get gently reprimanded for buying things for the kitchen that I don't really need, I haven't fed my addiction lately. Oh that and the fact that I don't have a kitchen of my own at the moment in which to store these masterpieces. But when I do have a kitchen again, I'm buying my pie safe so I can store all my baking belongings in one place. Trust me, it will make everyone a lot happier. I know that not everyone knows what a pie safe is, so here goes...the encyclopedia bills it is a cupboard with perforated tin doors that kept mice and insects away from freshly baked goods.  I call it heaven.


So besides my hefty arsenal of sprinkles, baking chips, cake stands, glass pans and loaf pans of various sizes, this new piece of furniture will be housing my specialty baking pans.  I feel like I've seen a few lately that have really made me want to bring out that little piece of plastic and hit the order button.  BUT...until the above-mentioned piece of furniture arrives in my house, I'll have to stick to a strict look but don't touch policy.  I think everyone involved will appreciate it.  Except me.  I don't appreciate it one bit.  So for now I'll just have to keep making these wish lists.  Here are four at the top of my list:

Buttercup Cakelet Pan - Williams Sonoma - $36.00
 Cakewich Sandwich Cake Pan - Wee Can Shop - $24.99
Cupcake Pan - Wilton - $12.99

Edge Brownie Pan - Amazon - $36.00


1 comment:

Unknown said...

i LOVE it. i saw the edge pan and was thinking about it. but i really LOVE the first one from williams sonoma. mostly bc i share the same specialty pan addiction that you have :)