April 07, 2010

Easter Recap

chocolate rabbit

We used to go all out for Easter. I'm talking all-you-can-eat buffet brunch with crab legs, all the cheese you could eat and those lovely blueberry blintzes. I LOVE Easter buffets. You might not be able to tell by looking at me, but I can really eat when I want to. On more than one occasion I have been told by a waiter that there is no way I can finish what I order, and have returned a clean plate. What can I say...I like to eat!

easter table setting

hot cross buns

The past few years my family has switched things up and done Easter at home. As the price of Easter brunches got more and more expensive, and the quality went down and down, we decided to make it easier and just do everything at home. That by no means lowers the amount of quality of the meeal we have. This was Sunday's menu. And mind you, we had 8 people attending:
  • Honey Baked Ham
  • Cabbage Rolls
  • Fruit (kiwi, strawberries, cantalope, raspberries, blackberries, watermelon, etc.)
  • Fingerling Potatoes with Artichoke Hearts
  • Hot Cross Buns
  • Asparagus and Morel Mushroom Quiche
  • Carrot Cake
  • Shrimp
  • Smoked Salmon deviled eggs
The meal was divine to say the least.  I didn't take many photos due to the fact that I couldn't stop eating.  I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter as well.  And let me know if you made Friday's carrot cake recipe...I'd love to hear how everyone's turned out!

daffodils

smoked salmon deviled eggs


3 comments:

mom said...

Love your photos.....especially the last two of the daffodils and my yummy smoked salmon deviled eggs. Also.....your carrot cake was devine!!

Meg said...

glad to hear you had a nice Easter!

Jessica B said...

Great pictures Janelle!